On this day in 2021, Morgan Wallen released his record-breaking project, Dangerous: The Double Album. Since it was first unveiled on January 8, 2021, the collection has spawned many hit singles, incredible growth in the country star’s career, and a massive eight-month tour.
The list of accolades surrounding the 4x Platinum project continues to advance into the new year. It remained in the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart for 100 weeks to date, breaking the record for the most weeks in the Top 10 on this Billboard chart among albums by a singular artist.
Dangerous also contains the most certified titles of any studio album in RIAA history with eight multi-platinum singles, six platinum singles, and 14 gold singles.
The project contains three chart-topping hits, including “Wasted On You,” “More Than My Hometown,” and “Sand in My Boots.”
In addition, Wallen’s successful album and undeniable talent has earned him numerous wins and nominations from a string of major music awards including ACM, CMA, Billboard Music Awards, and American Music Awards between 2020 and 2022.
His most recent achievement comes from a track that was not included on the double album. Wallen added to his triumphant resume of No. 1 hits with is fan-favorite, “You Proof.” This song became his fastest-rising chart-topper to date. It spent 17 weeks climbing the Billboard Country Airplay chart and took the top spot only 12 weeks after its official add date to country radio. His newest single, “Thought You Should Know,” also continues to make its way up the charts.
The East Tennessee native’s supporting Dangerous Tour launched in February 2022 at the famed Madison Square Garden and took Wallen across the country on more than 50 dates, breaking attendance records at 30 venues across the U.S. and selling out 11 of the venues faster than any other act.
Between all the stops he made on his 55-date tour, Wallen sold a total of 839,704 tickets. The culmination of the top-charting tracks, high accolades and sold-out dates, proves that Wallen is fresh off a game-changing year as a direct result of this project. After all the success, his loyal fanbase is eager to see if he will be able to top it all in 2023.
The Dangerous Tour came to an end on Saturday (Oct. 8), along with the announcement that Wallen was officially working on his highly-anticipated third studio album.
“Last show for a while. Now it’s onto album grind mode, let’s get it,” Wallen teased in a previous Instagram post.
It didn’t take long for the East Tennessee native to announce his next round of shows. Morgan Wallen’s One Night At A Time World Tour officially kicks off on Wed., March 15 in Auckland, NZ at the Spark Arena.
“Man, what a year 2022 has been with the Dangerous Tour. I had the time of my life, and I cannot begin to express how grateful I am that my fans connected with the Dangerous album the way they did,” Wallen shared upon the tour announcement. “I’ve had so many people ask me if I wanted to take some time off; but the truth is – I have been writing and making so much music in my off-time because I feel as inspired as I ever have. It feels like new songs are pouring out of me, and I love that feeling. We are going to run it back next year with the One Night At A Time World Tour. Bigger venues. New countries. Bigger memories. See y’all there.”
The U.S. leg of the tour begins on April 14 with back-to-back nights at Milwaukee’s American Family Field. Country star ERNEST and Nashville newcomer, Bailey Zimmerman will provide support on all dates. HARDY and Parker McCollum will also appear on select dates.
The tour will make its way around North America with stops at 17 stadiums as well as various arenas, amphitheaters, and festivals.
Dangerous: The Double Album Track List:
DISC 1 –
1. “Sand In My Boots” (Ashley Gorley, Michael Hardy, Josh Osborne)
2. “Wasted On You” (Morgan Wallen, Ernest Keith Smith, Josh Thompson, Ryan Vojtesak) *
3. “Somebody’s Problem” (Morgan Wallen, Rodney Clawson, Jacob Durrett, Ernest Keith Smith)
4. “More Surprised Than Me” (Ben Burgess, Lee Thomas Miller, Niko Moon)
5. “865” (John Byron, Blake Pendergrass)
6. “Warning” (Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak) +
7. “Neon Eyes” (Morgan Wallen, Ben Burgess, Mark Holman)
8. “Outlaw” feat. Ben Burgess (Ben Burgess, Patrick Davis, Josh Kerr, Jordan Reynolds)
9. “Whiskey’d My Way” (Matt Dragstrem, Josh Miller, Thomas Rhett, Josh Thompson)
10. “Wonderin’ Bout The Wind” (Morgan Wallen, Ernest Keith Smith)
11. “Your Bartender” (Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Thomas Rhett, Josh Thompson) ^
12. “Only Thing That’s Gone” feat. Chris Stapleton (Morgan Wallen, Matt Dragstrem, Chase McGill, Josh Thompson)
13. “Cover Me Up” (Jason Isbell) •
14. “7 Summers” (Morgan Wallen, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
15. “More Than My Hometown” (Morgan Wallen, Michael Hardy, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
DISC 2 –
1. “Still Goin Down” (Morgan Wallen, Michael Hardy, Ryan Vojtesak)
2. “Rednecks, Red Letters, Red Dirt” (Matt Dragstrem, Chase McGill, Josh Thompson)
3. “Dangerous” (Morgan Wallen, Ernest Keith Smith)
4. “Beer Don’t” (Morgan Wallen, Michael Hardy, Jake Mitchell)
5. “Blame It On Me” (Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
6. “Somethin’ Country” (Morgan Wallen, Michael Hardy, Daniel Ross, Ernest Keith Smith)
7. “This Bar” (Morgan Wallen, Michael Hardy, Jackson Morgan, Jake Scott, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
8. “Country A$$ Shit” (Morgan Wallen, Chase McGill, Jordan Schmidt)
9. “Whatcha Think Of Country Now” (Dallas Davidson, Devin Dawson, Kyle Fishman, Mark Holman, Justin Wilson)
10. “Me On Whiskey” (Rodney Clawson, Mark Holman, Ernest Keith Smith)
11. “Need A Boat” (Morgan Wallen, Matt Dragstrem, Hillary Lindsey)
12. “Silverado For Sale” (Dallas Davidon, Marv Green, Ben Hayslip)
13. “Heartless” (Wallen Album Mix) (Morgan Wallen, Henry Agincourt Allen, Ryan Hurd, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak)
14. “Livin’ The Dream” (Morgan Wallen, Ben Burgess, Jacob Durrett, Michael Hardy)
15. “Quittin’ Time” (Eric Church, Luke Laird, Josh Thompson)